Named in honor of Major Thomas Egan who froze to death during a cold spell in 2008, the Egan Warming Center mission is simple: to ensure that homeless people in Lane County have a place to sleep indoors when temperatures drop below 30 degrees.
Egan Warming Center is a program of St. Vincent de Paul Society of Lane County. The program receives funding from Lane County and support from a broad coalition of community members, service providers, nonprofits, faith and social activists communities and local government. Following are some of the organizations that make Egan Warming Center a reality.
- Burrito Brigade
- Carry It Forward
- Catholic Community Services
- Central Lutheran Church
- City of Eugene
- City of Springfield
- Ebbert United Methodist Church
- Episcopal Church of St. John the Divine
- Episcopal Church of the Resurrection
- Eugene 4J School District
- Eugene Bethel School District
- Eugene Police Department
- First Christian Church of Eugene
- Eugene First United Methodist Church
- FOOD for Lane County
- Lane County
- Lane County Fire and EMS
- Lane Transit District
- Looking Glass
- Springfield Police Department
- Springfield School District
- Seventh Day Adventist Church
- St. Marys Episcopal Church
- Temple Beth Israel
- Trinity United Methodist Church
- Twelfth Night
- Valley Covenant Church
- White Bird
Interested in joining us in this effort?
Contact us at email@example.com.