What to expect at the Volunteer Orientation:
Mission of Egan Warming Centers
Who are our guests?
How do we interact respectfully?
Organization, Structure and Operation
New Volunteers from all sites are required to participate in a Volunteer Training Session
Please pass this on to everyone in our community who would like to make a difference!
Thank you for your interest in serving as an Egan Warming Center Volunteer. Prior to serving in a shelter this winter, you will need to attend one session of our Volunteer Orientation.
Volunteer Orientation Outline:
- Coalition Mission and Values
- Organizational Structure
- The Experience of Homelessness
- Conflict Resolution & De-Escalation
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Schedule and Set-Up Needs
- Safety and Security
- Health and Care Considerations
- Communication Plan
- Orientation Feedback
- Volunteer Agreement