The mission of the Egan Warming Center is to ensure that homeless people in Lane County who want to be inside during extreme cold weather have a place to go. We value respect for the dignity of all humans, especially those who are homeless. We aim to create a space that is physically and emotionally safe for all, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
As a paid or volunteer staff member of the Egan Warming Center, I agree to the following:
- I support the mission and values of the Egan Warming Center, as stated above.
- I am willing to follow directions and abide by decisions made by the managing staff of the Egan Warming Center.
- I will endeavor to keep my commitments to the Egan Warming Center.
- I am willing to function as part of a team.
- I am willing to follow protocols regarding reporting abuse of children and other vulnerable populations.
- I will maintain healthy boundaries with guests including: not taking guests home, giving rides, loaning phones, handing out money, etc.
- I understand that the Egan Warming Center is not an appropriate place for religious proselytizing, or for any form of manipulation or pressure.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please submit your information by way of our Online Form or you may download a (.pdf) Volunteer Application from our Download Center. Volunteer Applications can be submitted on line or at the Volunteer Orientation.