Where: Temple Beth Israel (1175 E 29th Ave, Eugene, OR 97403)
When: Sunday, March 10th 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2063886477032754/
New volunteer orientation and training, required to join the Egan Volunteer Family. There is no registration for this training.
Looking forward to meeting you all! Each one of increases the capacity of the Egan Warming Centers, making all this possible!
- 4:35 – Big Picture Egan Operations
- 4:45 – On-site Operations and Volunteer Postitions
- 5:00 – Deescalation Skills and Mindset
- 5:30 – Volunteer Agreement
- 6:00 – Q & A: Group Breakouts
- 6:20 – Sign up for shifts together!
You’re welcome to read the Volunteer Handout and Deescalation Guide below!
If you are unable to make the above training, but have experience in the mental health field or working with unhoused folk, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a quick orientation later in the week.